Share your story about how you 'rediscovered' your Catholic faith
Saturday, December 15, 2012
In his recent pastoral letter on the “new evangelization” in the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis, Archbishop John Nienstedt said each Catholic should be prepared to share with others how Christ has impacted his or her life — how Jesus gives them “a reason for their hope,” as St. Peter wrote to his fellow believers.
The archbishop’s call complements the archdiocese’s Rediscover initiative — to be unveiled during the Advent season — which invites fellow Catholics to rediscover a real and personal relationship with Jesus and re-engage in the full life of the Church.
In light of this, The Catholic Spirit is inviting Catholics who have rediscovered the depth and beauty of our Catholic faith to share their stories.
- Were you sleepwalking in your Catholic faith for a time? If so, what woke you up from your spiritual slumber to re-engage with it? Was there a trigger or perhaps a series of triggers over time? Was there a person who made a huge difference in your faith who challenged or encouraged you? What continues to nourish the fire of faith in your heart?
- Are you a convert? Or were you away from the faith for a time? What happened that drew you to (or back to) Christ and his Church?
- What did it mean to you to come back into full life in the Church? How has it changed you or affected those around you?
Send your story — 300 words or less — to The Catholic Spirit:
- By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Write “Rediscover Faith Story” in the subject line; or
- By postal mail to: “Rediscover Faith Story,” c/o The Catholic Spirit, 244 Dayton Ave., St. Paul, MN 55102.
If you know someone whose story will truly inspire, please encourage them to submit their story as well.
A selection of stories will be published in future issues of The Catholic Spirit and online at TheCatholicSpirit.com.
Please include your name, parish and a daytime telephone number at which you can be reached if we have questions.